Fitted wardrobes are a great way to maximise your storage space while adding style and elegance to your home. They are custom made to fit the exact dimensions of your room, ensuring that every inch of space is utilised efficiently. On this page we explore the benefits of fitted wardrobes, the different types available, and what to consider before purchasing one.
- Maximises space – Fitted wardrobes are custom-made to fit the exact dimensions of your room, which means that all available space is used efficiently. You can also have them designed to fit around any awkward corners or angles in your room. This can be particularly useful in attic spaces, building box room wardrobes above stair cases and hiding the chimney breasts in bedrooms.
- Personalised design – With fitted wardrobes, you have the freedom to choose the design, colour, and finishes that best suit your style and home décor. You can also add features such as lighting, mirrors, and storage accessories to enhance their functionality. There are a vast amount of internal storage options available including shoe storage, internal drawers, trouser rails and pull down hanging rails.
- Durability – Fitted wardrobes are made to last, with high-quality materials and professional installation. This means that they can withstand everyday wear and tear and provide long-lasting value for your investment.
- Adds value to your home – Fitted wardrobes are a popular home improvement feature and can add value to your property. They are seen as a desirable and practical feature by potential buyers.
Types of Fitted Wardrobes
- Sliding door wardrobes – These wardrobes have sliding doors that move along tracks and are ideal for rooms with limited space. They come in a range of finishes, including glass, mirror, and wood. Again, this type of wardrobe is completely customisable internally to suit your storage needs. All doors are made specifically to suit the ceiling height and floor space available.
Don’t forget, when it comes to fitted wardrobe design you must consider clothes storage and anything else you may wish to fit in the room. For example, if you are considering fitted wardrobes for a small box room it can be beneficial to use sliding doors so that you can fit custom made beds and desk space also. This allows for maximum storage and space to move around.
- Hinged door wardrobes – These wardrobes have hinged doors that swing open and are available in a range of styles and finishes. They can be designed to fit any room shape or size. The doors are available in standardised sizes so you can replace or update the appearance at any point in the future. Swinging doors can also be custom made to particular sizes and finished in timber or any colour you wish.
- Walk-in wardrobes – These wardrobes are designed to provide a spacious and luxurious storage solution. They are ideal for larger rooms and can be customised to suit your specific needs. However, walk in wardrobe solutions can be tailored to suit smaller spaces. The images above display a narrow walk in wardrobe that maximises storage and looks elegant. Walk-in wardrobes are typically used as part of a bedroom extension or an entrance to ensuite bathrooms. They are also great use of a spare bedroom or unused space.
Considerations Before Purchasing a Fitted Wardrobe
- Budget – Fitted wardrobes can vary in price depending on the materials used and features you choose. It’s important to establish a budget before you start looking at options.
- Style and design – Consider the style and design of your room when choosing your fitted wardrobe. It should complement your existing décor and enhance the overall look of your room.
- Storage needs – Think about what you need to store in your wardrobe and how much space you require. Consider the number of hanging rails, shelves, and drawers you need.
- Professional installation – Fitted wardrobes require professional installation to ensure that they fit correctly and are safe to use. Make sure you choose a reputable installer with experience in fitting wardrobes.
Fitted wardrobes are a practical and stylish storage solution for any home. They provide an efficient use of space while adding value to your property. With a range of designs and features to choose from, you can create a personalised storage solution that suits your style and meets your storage needs.
Remember to consider your budget, style, and storage needs when choosing your fitted wardrobe and always choose a professional installer for a safe and secure fit. If you are considering getting built in wardrobes get in touch today for guidance, recommendations and a quote.
Get a Carpentry Quote